Hotel Clique Calgary Airport
Do you want to make money in real estate investing, but you:
- Don’t have enough cash to buy properties outright?
- Can’t qualify for financing thanks to stricter financial “stress tests” required by lenders?
- Are nervous about the capital and long-term commitment needed to succeed with traditional buy and hold investing?
I’m glad you made it here!
Hi, I’m Barry C. McGuire, one of Canada’s leading real estate lawyers, educators and investors.
- I’ve been investing in real estate for 49 years.
- My Alberta-based legal practice has been focused exclusively on real estate for the past 35 years. (I’ve been a lawyer since 1975.)
- I speak regularly throughout Canada, including for the Real Estate Investment Network (REIN), and teach a series of Focus Workshops for Canadian real estate investors.
- I host a popular podcast, “Tales From The Trenches,” which features real-life stories of investor legal land mines.
- I’m co-author of the best-selling “97 Tips For Canadian Real Estate Investors,” publish a newsletter for real estate investors, and have written several home-study courses for real estate investors in Canada.
You’re right: It IS harder to make money in real estate investing than it was even a few short years ago.
Wholesaling Secrets (Assignments)
Selling real estate by way of Assignment is a fantastic opportunity to generate cash with little capital or credit.
The idea is to make money by assigning (selling) an accepted real estate purchase contract — without ever actually owning the property. All you need is motivation and some specialized knowledge, such as:
- How to write a purchase contract that allows you to assign your interest in a property
- How to protect yourself in the transaction and reduce your risk
- How to ensure you get paid for Assigning (selling) your agreement
- 3 basic scenarios when Assignments should be used
- Why lenders and title companies don’t like assigned contracts … and how to calm their fears
- How to write a purchase contract to give yourself flexibility
- 4 potentially dangerous pitfalls to avoid when doing assignments
- And much more!
Building A Scalable Real Estate Business
The worst thing that can happen to an entrepreneur is to get stuck in the trap of ‘Self-employment’ where you invest your time, money, skills on an unstructured business and it suffers from the inconsistency of effort and returns.
The true worth of being an entrepreneur real estate investor, is to be able to build a scalable business.
Wholesaling is a great strategy even if you only do, ‘One Damn Deal!’ But, if you’ve spent the time and money to learn ‘the strategy’ or ‘how to wholesale’ or …and you can see the big picture? Why not supercharge your effort and add some scale?! Turn wholesaling into a business or at least, more than a one-off.
Learn what it takes to:
- Commit to scaling
- Find more deals
- Sell those deals
- Build a better network
- Sell deals faster
- Set up systems (before you’re desperate for them)
- Do what you do best!
Why Should I Attend? What Makes This Focus Workshop Different From All of the Courses Out There?
“Learning from Barry, Donna, and the entire team they have of mentors and educators has been by far the single best investment in becoming a knowledgeable and capable investor myself. The down to earth, real world education you receive from the programs offered leave you armed and ready to take action, and the continuous support after the program from the alumni is invaluable. Should ‘creative’ real estate investment strategies be something you want to add to your tool belt in Canada, this is your absolute best resource!” Brad Wotherspoon
Our Focus Is On:
- more roleplaying – seeing our experts in action will inspire the cautious to step beyond their comfort level (because that’s where the deals are!)
- more panel discussions – our Focus Team is second to none when it comes to experience, and even better, sharing – the good, the bad and the ugly
- more investor spotlights – our students walk through their current win/win (or struggles). Learn through real life examples!
- more honest, open real conversations with real estate investors
You Will Receive:
- 300+ page Scaling & Wholesaling Real Estate Manual (digital version also available)
- Digital access to all documents, checklists and templates
- Hot breakfast & lunch, as well as coffee and snacks (please contact Donna regarding any dietary restrictions)
- Invitation to our private Facebook Group, where you will find an incredible amount of support and brainstorming, and answers to questions you didn’t know you had!
- FREE GIFT as a thank you 🙂
- And, as always, more! Information will be sent to registrants soon